Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, September 19, 2013

WCSSAA Senior: Thursday Picks

YTD:  7-0 (1.000)

Hope to keep my winning streak alive, although it certainly won't be an easy task with a couple of competitive games on the radar for today.  Here's a look:

Eastwood (0-1) at Southwood (0-1)
My Pick:  SSS by 27
These two teams met in ECI's tournament last weekend, a game won by Southwood 49-26.  Look for the Sabres to pick up win #1 of their season here.

Grand River (1-0) at Waterloo-Oxford (1-0)
My Pick:  WODSS by 12
The youthful Grand River Renegades should be able to hang around early, but I expect the experience of the WODSS Crusaders to come through and pull them to victory in their home opener.

SJAM (0-1) at Forest Heights (1-0)
My Pick:  FHCI by 5
I'll go with the Trojans at home in what projects to be a low-scoring affair.

WCI (1-0) at Preston (0-1)
My Pick:  WCI by 37
The Vikes have a bit of a time to gel before any serious league tests; I expect them to handle their second consecutive Cambridge school -- this time Preston -- with ease.

Cameron Heights (0-1) at Jacob Hespeler (1-0)
My Pick:  JHSS by 12
I'm sure Jacob Hespeler hasn't forgot about that early-season loss to Cameron Heights last year.  I bet they won't overlook the Gaels in a similar spot here.

Huron Heights (0-0) at Elmira (0-1)
My Pick:  HHSS by 9
The Huskies are improved from a season ago, while Elmira is dealing with a limited roster and a couple of key losses to graduation.  I'll go with the Huskies here today.

KCI (1-0) at Galt (0-1)
My Pick:  KCI by 22
After a big opening-day win over Cameron Heights, things should be a little easier on Thursday for the KCI Raiders.