Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, December 05, 2013

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

YTD:  9-2 (.818)

Actually a "full slate" of games today in WCSSAA, as the two schools that do not have senior teams (WODSS/EDSS) are playing each other in a junior game.

Bluevale (2-0) at Glenview Park (1-1)
My Pick:  BCI by 7
The Bluevale Knights are racking up some transportation miles early in the season, as for the 3rd time in a week they'll be on the road in Cambridge (SSS, JHSS, now GPSS).  This should be the most competitive of the three games, but I still like the Knights to win.

Galt (0-2) at Forest Hts. (1-1)
My Pick:  GCI by 19
After a couple of losses to Waterloo schools SJAM & WCI, I look for the Ghosts to get one in the win column today against Forest Heights.

SJAM (2-0) at Cameron Hts. (2-0)
My Pick:  CHCI by 10
Game of the day material with two of the league's top 3 preseason teams set to do battle.  I'll go with the Gaels at home.

WCI (2-0) at KCI (1-1)
My Pick:  WCI by 8

Always a good rivalry game, no matter who is the better team that year.  I'll go with WCI in this one, although KCI is usually a solid home team and could surprise.  Keep an eye on this one.

Preston (0-2) at Grand River (1-0)
My Pick:  GRCI by 35
The Rens should pick up their 2nd WCSSAA win today at the expense of the Preston Panthers.

Huron Heights (1-1) at Southwood (0-2)
My Pick:  HHSS by 12
The Huskies seem like a team that could be a bit streaky at times this year, so I'll hope they're "on" today against Southwood in their first road tilt of the year.

Eastwood (2-0) at Jacob Hespeler (0-1)
My Pick:  ECI by 25
The Hawks will probably need a bit of time to get back into the swing of things after long football & volleyball seasons.  ECI to win here.