Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, October 18, 2012

WCSSAA: Thursday Games / Picks

YTD Picks Record:  60-4 (.938)

A full slate of 3:30pm games is on tap today, including a huge game that I'll start off the picks column with.  It gets billing as today's "game of the day":

Bluevale (7-1) at Waterloo-Oxford (8-0)
My Pick:  WODSS by 5
I'll stick with my CWOSSA Power Rankings here, and go with the Crusaders at home.  Both clubs have tremendous backcourts (call it a wash), so I think the difference in this one will be who can get the most production from the front-court and off the bench.  I think the Crusaders have the slight depth edge; regardless, should be a great game in Baden today.

Southwood (5-3) at Huron Heights (1-7)
My Pick:  SSS by 23
The Sabres had Glenview Park and Huron Heights on the schedule this week, which should help boost them in the standings.  Still have to take care of business on the road today, but I look for them to move to 6-3.

SJAM (2-6) at Cameron Heights (6-2)
My Pick:  CHCI by 26
The Gaels should get back in the win column today at the expense of the SJAM Highlanders.

Forest Heights (5-3) at WCI (8-0)
My Pick:  WCI by 33
The Vikes have been rolling as of late, and I don't think that will stop here today at home against Forest Heights.

Jacob Hespeler (7-1) at KCI (6-2)
My Pick:  JHSS by 10
The Hawks certainly have the interior edge in this one, but their ball-handling will have to be up to the task against KCI's notorious ball-pressure.  I think they'll pull through on the road here today in this battle between the (current) top two AAA teams in WCSSAA.

Elmira (3-5) at Glenview Park (0-8)
My Pick:  EDSS by 18

The Lancers need a win today to help solidify their current (playoff) standings position, and they should get it done down in Cambridge here.

Galt (0-8) at Preston (2-6)
My Pick:  PHS by 14
The Panthers have a win against KCI, and have been playing well as of late.  I look for them to move to 3-6 here today against rival Galt.

Grand River (3-5) at Eastwood (0-8)
My Pick:  GRCI by 17
This rivalry lends itself to some interesting results, but the Rens should prevail if they didn't use up all their energy on Tuesday (in coming close to knocking off Waterloo-Oxford).