Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, January 09, 2014

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

YTD:  29-8 (.784)

And.....we're back. 

A couple of days later than anticipated, thanks to the snow day cold day on Tuesday, but we're treated to a return with a couple of big games, including one between two of my current "top 3" CWOSSA teams, Grand River and Cameron Heights, so let's start with that one:

(Of note for fans, all are 3:30pm starts today)

Grand River (5-1) at Cameron Heights (6-0)
My Pick:  CHCI by 9
Two teams with WCSSAA (and CWOSSA) championship aspirations; the Gaels have a pretty favourable schedule going forward, so if they can get past this one I expect them to finish the regular season undefeated.  As they play well at home, I'll go with Cameron here.

SJAM (5-1) at Eastwood (5-1)
My Pick:  SJAM by 12
The Eastwood Rebels can't be overlooked, especially in the ice box they have for a home gym, but the interior presence of the SJAM Highlanders should be able to help them pick up a key road win here.

Galt (4-2) at Preston (2-4)
My Pick:  GCI by 17
TJ Lall and the Galt Ghosts should be able to grab a win here against (one of) their Cambridge rivals.

WCI (3-3) at Huron Heights (3-3)
My Pick:  WCI by 7
Could see this one going either way, but I'll go with the visiting Vikes who have been more consistent to this point in the regular season.

Southwood (2-4) at Glenview Park (4-2)
My Pick:  GPSS by 22
The Panthers might be the surprise team in WCSSAA to this point, and I look for them to pick up yet another win here today.

Bluevale (2-4) at Forest Hts. (1-5)
My Pick:  BCI by 14
Two teams that need a win desparately to get themselves in better positioning for the playoff hunt; I think BCI takes it.

Jacob Hespeler (0-6) at KCI (4-2)
My Pick:  KCI by 18
The Jacob Hespeler Hawks aren't as bad as their record might indicate, but I still like KCI to win this one.