Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WCSSAA Picks: "Turn The Tide" Tuesday Features Several Key Games

I'm referring to today's WCSSAA schedule as "Turn the Tide" Tuesday.  

Why's that, you ask?  Well, we have a bunch of games that could cause a serious standings shift depending on how things go.

Without any further ado, let's get right to the picks:

Galt (5-3) at Huron Heights (4-4)
My Pick:  HHSS by 5
Think this will be a single-digit game either way, so I'll go with the homecourt Huskies in this one.

Glenview Park (2-6) at Jacob Hespeler (5-3)
My Pick:  JHSS by 15
I look for the Jacob Hespeler Hawks to put an end to their mini losing streak today at home against Glenview.  However, they mustn't take the Panthers lightly.

Bluevale (5-3) at Eastwood (2-6)
My Pick:  Bluevale by 10
The Eastwood Rebels are definitely better than their record would indicate.  I'll go with Bluevale here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Eastwood stick around --- especially at home.

Preston (5-3) at Southwood (1-7)
My Pick:  PHS by 29
The Panthers should cruise past Southwood today on the road.

WODSS (4-4) at Grand River (7-1)
My Pick:  GRCI by 15
....but the Rens can't look ahead to Thursday's battle with Cameron as we know the Crusaders can be dangerous.  Right Forest Heights?

Elmira (0-8) at KCI (2-6)
My Pick:  KCI by 23
The Raiders will get a healthy boost to their playoff hopes with a home win today.

Forest Heights (8-0) at SJAM (4-4)
My Pick:  FHCI by 12
With a couple of "winnable" games upcoming against teams below them in the standings, an upset here would be huge for the SJAM Highlanders --- who, don't forget, have won 4 in a row in league play after starting 0-4.  Although I think they can hang around, I think the guard play of the Trojans will be too much in this one.

Cameron Heights (4-4) at WCI (6-2)
My Pick:  WCI by 8
The Gaels shot "lights out" against the Vikes in their early season tournament, cruising to a near 20-point victory.  However, the Vikes have come a long way since then, and should be the favourites in this one.  Two contrasting styles in this one, edge to WCI in what should be a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment