Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

WCSSAA Tuesday (February 8th) Selections

YTD Senior: 62-18 (.775)
YTD Junior: 67-13 (.838)

....if I want to end the year above 80% in senior I can only afford to have one wrong between today and Thursday. Given the matchups, that's looking a little difficult. We'll see what happens:

SENIOR

Bluevale (10-0) at Grand River (5-5)
My Pick: BCI
Line: BCI by 22

The Knights are a bit banged up. It won't matter as their experience will shine through against the Rens --- and the win would "officially" clinch them the regular season title.

Forest Heights (7-3) at Cameron Heights (6-4) ***Game of the Day***
My Pick: CHCI
Line: CHCI by 7

Why is this the 'game of the day' over WCI/SJAM you ask? Well, there's a lot more at stake in terms of the playoff picture. WCI and SJAM have pretty well locked up 2nd and 3rd, and are on a collision course to meet in the semifinals --- so we'll see how Coach Maloney and Coach Nickel approach that one.

Anyways, back to the game at hand. I'll take the Gaels in a high-scoring affair and I have a feeling Arezina or McNaughton will hit 30+ in this one.

WCI (9-1) at SJAM (9-1)
My Pick: SJAM
Line: SJAM by 6

A possible semifinal preview here. I'll take the home Highlanders in this rivalry game.

Waterloo-Oxford (3-7) at Eastwood (2-8)
My Pick: WODSS
Line: WODSS by 4

ECI needs this game --- or they're likely eliminated from the playoffs. I know that doesn't explain my WODSS pick, but going on a hunch here.

Southwood (6-4) at Jacob Hespeler (3-7)
My Pick: SSS
Line: SSS by 19

The Cambridge battles are usually hard fought. I like the Sabres to win this one going away.

KCI (7-3) at Huron Heights (1-9)
My Pick: KCI
Line: KCI by 24

The Raiders have an inside track to a first-round bye. They get even closer with a win over the Huskies here.

Glenview Park (2-8) at Preston (5-5)
My Pick: PHS
Line: PHS by 16

The Panthers get back on the winning track here and maintain their aspirations of a home playoff game.

Galt (3-7) at Elmira (2-8)
My Pick: GCI
Line: GCI by 3

Taking the Ghosts here, based upon the fact that Elmira (I hear) has some injuries they're currently dealing with. We'll see how accurate those reports prove to be.....

JUNIOR PICKS

An interesting time for a few teams. How about those HHHS Huskies? They're currently dealing with Sean Samuel having an ankle injury (out about 2 weeks), their starting PG transferred to St. Mary's (FYI - ineligible to play), and their starting C broke his leg during a YBL game. Are they ripe for the picking?

....I think they still have enough with games against lowly KCI & SSS remaining; but we'll see how those affect them come playoff time.

HHHS (7-3) over KCI (3-7)
GRCI (7-3) over BCI (4-6)
FHCI (9-1) over CHCI (8-2) ***Game of the Day***
SJAM (8-2) over WCI (7-3)
ECI (6-4) over WODSS (4-6)
JHSS (7-3) over SSS (1-9)
GPSS (5-5) over PHS (3-7)
GCI (1-9) over EDSS (0-10)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 PM

    my picks KCI over HHSS, WCI over SJAM, ans CHCI over Forest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:58 PM

    junior

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:44 AM

    ha, I got 2 out of 3, heard Cameroon game was closer than schore shows

    ReplyDelete