Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CWOSSA Recruiting: Higgins Heading West

5th year Guelph St. James (6'4") forward Ryan Higgins will be heading west next year to play his University basketball.

Way, way west.

Higgins has agreed to head to the University of Victoria in British Columbia next year.  According to Flagrant Fouls recruiting analyst Barry Hayes, the Vikes have a veteran roster that will see 7 players graduate over the next two years, which would in turn possibly free up some playing time in short order for Higgins.

In an interview with Hayes now posted on FlagrantFouls.com, Higgins noted that "UVic was my top choice because of the role (the coaching staff) are planning for me on the court; they also have the business program I want. The school is in a great location and the atmosphere for basketball there is amazing. I'm mostly looking forward to just keep having opportunities to compete. They are in a really strong league, so I know every game I play, I will have to bring nothing but my ‘A’ game.”

This year's Vikes finished the regular season with an 18-11 record, including a 16-8 record in Canada West conference play.

Congratulations, Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment