Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Monday, January 18, 2010

WCSSAA Tuesday Selections

Year To Date:
56-9 (Junior) - 86.2%
49-15 (Senior) - 76.6%

Time to head south.

An interesting day on the WCSSAA schedule with all five Cambridge schools hosting games on Tuesday. More interesting, they are doing so against the "upper tier" teams from KW. Can any pull off an upset? Here's my picks.....

Cameron Heights (4-4) at Glenview Park (2-6)
My Pick: CHCI
Line: CHCI by 21

The Gaels put an end to their 2 game losing streak here.

Huron Heights (1-7) at Eastwood (1-7)
My Pick: ECI
Line: ECI by 9

Interesting game here; both teams need a win desperately to remain in the playoff hunt. Edge to the homecourt Rebels.

Forest Heights (5-3) at Preston (5-3)
My Pick: PHS
Line: PHS by 3

Preston has played very well at home. Common opponents of late? Both beat KCI by one. I'll give Preston the 3 point edge for "home court" and pick them in the upset.

KCI (5-3) at WODSS (2-6)
My Pick: KCI
Line: KCI by 28

The Raiders get a big win on the road to keep their first-round bye chances alive.

Grand River (4-4) at Elmira (1-7)
My Pick: GRCI
Line: GRCI by 8

The Rens hopefully were paying attention to the scores last week --- where the Lancers hung with KCI & WCI.

SJAM (7-1) at Southwood (6-2) ***Game of the Day***
My Pick: SJAM
Line: SJAM by 4

Should be a good one over at Southwood. Slight edge to the Highlanders.......very slight.

Bluevale (8-0) at Galt (3-5)
My Pick: BCI
Line: BCI by 24

Not sure on the status of the Beneys here. My gut feeling is that they'll probably sit out this week (GCI & EDSS on the schedule) to rest up. It won't matter for the Knights here.

Waterloo CI (7-1) at Jacob Hespeler (3-5)
My Pick: WCI
Line: WCI by 8

My old KCI teammate Matt McIntyre has the Hespeler Hawks playing some competitive basketball ---- nearly pulling the upset over Grand River on the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks win here, but we saw how well picking against WCI worked for me last Tuesday ---- Vikes to get it done in this one.

Junior Picks:
CHCI over GPSS

HHHS over ECI
FHCI over PHS
WODSS over KCI
GRCI over EDSS
SJAM over SSS
BCI over GCI
WCI over JHSS (thought about picking JHSS here....)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Possible Junior upsets FHCI at PHS and Huron at Eastwood also I agree with you for WCI

    ReplyDelete