Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

WCSSAA: Tuesday Picks

YTD Picks:  11-4 (.733)

A full slate of games today in the WCSSAA league.  Here's a look at what's on tap (5:00pm starts):

Galt (2-1) at Jacob Hespeler (2-1)
My Pick:  JHSS by 9
Two of the most improved teams in WCSSAA from a season ago, and it should be a nice game over in North Cambridge.  I'll go with the homecourt Hawks in this one.

Forest Heights (3-0) at WODSS (2-0)
My Pick:  FHCI by 19
The Crusaders are better than people might think, and I expect them to keep things close early at home before the best backcourt in WCSSAA (Miller & Masters) are able to help the Trojans pull away.

Bluevale (2-1) at WCI (3-0)
My Pick:  WCI by 3
With Jacob Ranton out due to injury, Dani Elgadi has emerged as a key scoring option for the Vikes, who took St. Mary's to the wire in their home tournament on the weekend.  Both teams like to work the halfcourt game, so expect a low-scoring, close affair here.

KCI (1-2) at Preston (2-1)
My Pick:  PHS by 9
Preston had an interesting week to say the least last week --- beating Cameron but then losing to Glenview Park.  Which squad will show up today?  I'll tag them to win but it could be another adventure for them against the scrappy KCI Raiders.

Glenview Park (1-1) at Huron Heights (1-2)
My Pick:  HHHS by 12
With Sean Samuel back on the roster, the Huskies are again contenders for an AAA berth.  Big game for both these teams, but the edge to the homecourt HHHS.

Cameron Heights (1-2) at Eastwood (0-3)
My Pick:  CHCI by 16
Going into the year, I wouldn't have thought these clubs would be a combined 1-5 entering this game --- yet here we are.  Always a good rivalry game between these two and is often closer than anticipated.  The Gaels are playing some good basketball right now though, so I think they'll come away victorious in this one.

Southwood (0-3) at Elmira (0-3)
My Pick:  SSS by 7
Both squads are 0-3, and neither squad has hit the 30 point mark in league play.  For at least one of these teams, that will change today.  I'll go with the Sabres here.

Grand River (3-0) at SJAM (0-3)
My Pick:  GRCI by 19
Ben Reyhani's status is in question for this one, and my "spread pick" is assuming that he'll play.  The 'Landers also have Connor Bradley back on the active roster.  Look for these teams to continue to head in opposite directions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment