Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

WCSSAA Tuesday Picks: Rens, Trojans Square off in Battle of Unbeatens!

YTD:  22-8 (.733)

Time to get back on track after a pedestrian 4-3 picking effort last Thursday.  A full slate of games, and I'll start the picks column with the biggest of them all:

Forest Heights (5-0) at Grand River (5-0)
My Pick:  FHCI by 6
I was curious as to Javon Masters' status (eye injury against KCI) but it looks as though he'll be good to go in this one.  The Rens are very tough in their home gym, but in "toss up" games like these I have to stick to my rankings so I'll go with the Trojans in a close one.  Both teams love to get out in transition, so I expect a ton of points here.

Southwood (1-4) at KCI (1-4)
My Pick:  KCI by 9
Two "AAA" schools looking to get back in the playoff chase, and I'll go with the homecourt Raiders who are likely a bit better than their record would indicate.

Cameron Heights (2-3) at Bluevale (3-1)
My Pick:  BCI by 3
Again, going by my rankings on this one.  The Gaels can play with anybody, so the Knights mustn't get caught looking at their sub-par record to start the season.  

Jacob Hespeler (3-1) at Huron Heights (3-2)
My Pick:  JHSS by 9
Two schools in the running for "upstart" team of the year in the WCSSAA league.  I'll stick with the Hawks in this one, provided they aren't too tired after their return from a Florida tournament.

Galt (2-3) at Glenview Park (1-3)
My Pick:  Galt by 7
Always a tough Cambridge rivalry here, dating back to the days when I played (these teams were at the top
of the league back then....).  I'll go with the Ghosts, who have a bit more firepower than the youthful Panthers.  Should be interesting though.

Eastwood (1-4) at WCI (4-1)
My Pick:  WCI by 15
Eastwood has had a pretty tough schedule to start the year, and it doesn't get any easier this week with WCI and Grand River on the agenda.  I'll go with the homecourt Vikes in this one.

Elmira (0-5) at Preston (4-1)
My Pick:  PHS by 33
The Panthers should roll past the Lancers at home here today.

SJAM (1-4) at WODSS (2-2)
My Pick:  WODSS by 4
I'll go with the homecourt Crusaders in this one, but we all know that SJAM can shoot their way past any opponent.  Another game that should be a fun one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment