Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

WCSSAA: Tuesday Playoff Qualifiers

The top 4 teams in both the WCSSAA senior & junior leagues are on the sidelines today as the next 8 teams are battling it out for the right to advance through to Thursday's quarterfinals.

The senior league was particularly interesting this year, with 11 teams finishing at .500 or better.  The "11th place" team, the Bluevale Knights, for instance, defeated #2 WCI and came close to GRCI in league play (and defeated GRCI in tourney action).  So, this could be a very interesting week of playoff action.

Let's get started with a look at today's senior games:

(5) Jacob Hespeler vs. (12) Glenview Park
RS:  Jacob Hespeler 81, Glenview Park 48
Personally, I think the GPSS Panthers are a bit better than their previous outing against the JHSS Hawks, so I expect a bit closer game this time around.  That said, look for the Hawks to be ahead at the finish.

My Pick:  Jacob Hespeler by 22

(6) SJAM vs. (11) Bluevale
RS:  SJAM 46, Bluevale 41
It was a great game last Thursday, and I'm expecting another close, "grind it out" affair here --- with the first team to 40 points winning.  I think this one could go either way, but I don't see Ben Reyhani letting his high school career end today, sore knee and all.

My Pick:  SJAM by 7

(7) Preston vs. (10) Cameron Heights
RS:  Preston 57, Cameron Heights 54
The Cameron Heights "got what they wanted" out of their handling of their regular season game --- avoiding the 8/9 positions and a possible quarterfinal date with #1 Forest Heights.  That said, they still have to get through this game first and although I see a close one, look for CHCI to be ahead at the end.

My Pick:  Cameron Heights by 6 

(8) WODSS vs. (9) Huron Heights
RS:  WODSS 55, Huron Hts 36
Don't look too much into the regular season result, as Sean Samuel didn't play in that game for Huron.  I'm expecting a much closer match-up, and I like the way Huron's been playing down the stretch so I'll take them in an "upset".

My Pick:  Huron Hts by 4

Over on the junior side, the match-ups are generally expected to go according to seeding, at least if the regular season games are any indication.  Here's a look:

(5) Eastwood vs. (12) Southwood
RS:  Eastwood 50, Southwood 15
The ECI Rebels shouldn't have too much trouble in handling the Southwood Sabres today.  Assuming they win, I think the Eastwood-Galt game on Thursday should be a good one!

My Pick:  Eastwood by 38

(6) Huron Heights vs. (11) KCI
RS:  Huron Hts 51, KCI 30
The Huskies are hosting their second-ever playoff game at home (first one two years ago - also a win).  Look for them to go 2-for-2 today with a solid win against last year's "AAA" CWOSSA champions.

My Pick:  Huron Heights by 17

(7) SJAM vs. (10) Elmira
RS:  SJAM 56, Elmira 29
The 'Landers are a very dangerous #7 seed --- this is a team that lost to GRCI by only 4 and defeated WCI during the regular season.  I see a big home win over EDSS here.

My Pick:  SJAM by 22

(8) Forest Heights vs. (9) Preston
RS:  Forest Hts 49, Preston 26
Despite the score of the first game, this could potentially go either way....or at least be a bit closer.  However, you have to like the Trojans, especially at home.

My Pick:  FHCI by 13
 

No comments:

Post a Comment