Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, February 09, 2012

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

YTD:  54-16 (.771)

...unfortunately, even a perfect day today can take me only as high as 79.4%.  But, we'll see what I can do with an intriguing set of games that includes all 6 teams currently in the "middle jumble" of the standings squaring off.

KCI (3-8) at Glenview Park (3-8)
My Pick:  GPSS by 4
Winner gets a playoff berth here, loser is out.  Pretty much a toss-up, and I'll give the edge to the homecourt Panthers by single digits.

Grand River (9-2) at WCI (9-2)
My Pick:  WCI by 2
Jeez, don't know which way to go with this one.  Brodi Verbiski being back is another weapon for the already stacked GRCI backcourt, but the Vikes have the edge in the front court with their "towering trio" (Elgadi, Ranton, Piazza).  Aside from personnel strengths, it's also a difference in styles here as WCI prefers a more methodical pace while the Rens love to get out and run.  Everything balances out on paper, so with WCI at home I'll take them by 2.

Southwood (1-10) at Galt (8-2)
My Pick:  GCI by 29
The Ghosts can lock up a first-round bye with a home win today against Southwood, and I expect them to do just that.

Cameron Heights (6-5) at WODSS (5-6)
My Pick:  CHCI by 8
I'll be interested to see how this one plays out.  A CHCI win would certainly help narrow things down in the middle of the standings, as the Crusaders would then finish 11th.

Eastwood (2-9) at Forest Heights (11-0)
My Pick:  FHCI by 25
Two teams with nothing to play for (standings wise) here --- the Trojans should have the opportunity to get everyone some floor time in their regular season finale. 

Jacob Hespeler (7-4) at Elmira (0-11)
My Pick:  JHSS by 33
I'd be surprised to see the Hawks fall in this one; a win will officially lock up 5th place in the WCSSAA standings for them.

Preston (6-5) at Huron Heights (6-5)
My Pick:  HHHS by 8
Two more teams battling for playoff position.  I like the Huskies at home here.

SJAM (6-5) at Bluevale (6-5)
My Pick:  SJAM by 4
Oh, you thought we were done with the middle of the pack games?  Not so fast - here's one more.  Pretty even match-up on paper; I'll go with the 'Landers provided Ben Reyhani is in the lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment