Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

WCSSAA & D10 Tuesday: Picks

.....and we're back.

The WCSSAA schedule resumes on Tuesday with a full slate of games, many of which will have a significant impact on the final regular-season standings.

Let's get right to it with the WCSSAA games:

Elmira (0-10) at Grand River (8-2)
My Pick:  GRCI by 42
I don't see any trouble here in this one for the Rens; look for them to head into the matchup with WCI with a 9-2 record.

Huron Heights (5-5) at Eastwood (2-8)
My Pick:  ECI by 3 **Upset Special**
Let's face it.  The Huskies are the "favourites" here, but the Rebels are desperate --- which is why I'm taking them.  They need a win or are essentially eliminated from playoff contention (unless they can upset Forest Heights on Thursday).  Factor in that they're at home in the Eastwood shoebox, and I'll pick them by a three-ball.

SJAM (5-5) at Southwood (1-9)
My Pick:  SJAM by 25
This would be a good opportunity for the 'Landers to rest their star scorer, Ben Reyhani.  Look for a comfortable double-digit win on the road today.

Forest Heights (10-0) at Preston (6-4)
My Pick:  FHCI by 18
The Trojans have a very good chance of finishing the regular season undefeated --- and it starts with this one here.  Preston needs the "W" more, so may stick around early before FHCI pulls away.

Galt (7-3) at Bluevale (6-4)
My Pick:  BCI by 4
I'll go with the homecourt Knights in what amounts to a toss-up game here.

WODSS (4-6) at KCI (3-7)
My Pick:  WODSS by 12
Winner will give a big boost to their playoff chances (and/or position).  Edge to the Crusaders, who may be a tough out for a first-round opponent.

Glenview Park (3-7) at Cameron Heights (5-5)
My Pick:  CHCI by 15
Now, I'm not going to give the CHCI Gaels any ideas here, but you have to think it wouldn't be a bad thing if they dropped one of their remaining two games and finished 10th or 11th (based upon the potential matchups in the playoffs).  At any rate, I like them to win this one here provided they don't employ the above strategy today.

Jacob Hespeler (7-3) at WCI (8-2)
My Pick:  WCI by 9
In the "game of the day", the winning team here should lock up a first-round bye --- I'll go with the Vikes, who have been playing very well as of late.  Obviously it helps that they're at home, as well.

D10

JF Ross (11-1) at Orangeville (1-11)
My Pick:  JFR by 45
The Royals will clinch first overall in the D10 standings with a win on the road today at Orangeville.  There is a high likelihood of that happening.

St. James (4-8) at Bishop Mac (5-7)
My Pick:  BMAC by 6
The Lions took the first meeting; I expect another close game here but for the Celts to possibly flip the script on their home court.

Lourdes (10-3) at CWDHS (9-3)
My Pick:  OLOL by 2
A Lourdes win clinches 2nd overall, while a CW win (by 5+) would clinch 2nd place for the Falcons (with a game remaining against JF Ross).  Big game for these two teams who will likely meet again in the playoffs.....I'll coin toss it and go with Lourdes.

Centennial (8-4) at GCVI (1-12)
My Pick:  CCVI by 22
Look for the Spartans (who have already locked up a home playoff game) to get past GCVI with ease on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment