Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WCSSAA: Basketball Qualifying Round Games/Picks

Senior
Byes:  (1) CHCI, (2) SJAM, (3) GRCI, (4) KCI

(12) Preston at (5) WCI
Regular Season:  WCI 56, PHS 40
My Pick:  WCI by 14
The Preston Panthers are certainly better than their record would indicate; having given scares to a couple of very good teams this year.  That said, I don't expect the Vikings to take them lightly which should help WCI avoid the upset here.

(11) Bluevale at (6) Eastwood
Regular Season:  ECI 59, BCI 53
My Pick:  ECI by 14
Eastwood has been playing some nice basketball down the stretch and I look for them to move through to the quarterfinals with a win here today.

(10) Huron Hts. at (7) Galt
Regular Season:  GCI 72, HHSS 64
My Pick:  GCI by 9
I don't expect TJ Lall to let his strong season come to an end today, so I'll go with the Ghosts at home.

(9) Forest Hts. at (8) Glenview Park
Regular Season:  FHCI 47, GPSS 38
My Pick:  GPSS by 4
A very interesting one here, given that the Trojans defeated GPSS a couple weeks' back.  I think it might be a little different down in Cambridge, so I'll go with Glenview in a close one.

Junior
Byes:  (1) SJAM, (2) WCI, (3) CHCI, (4) GRCI

(12) Southwood at (5) Bluevale
Regular Season:  BCI 50, SSS 20
My Pick:  BCI by 24
Nice to see the Southwood Sabres get back into the WCSSAA playoffs after a couple of years on the outside, but their run will be short-lived against the Bluevale Knights.

(11) Glenview Park at (6) Preston
Regular Season:  PHS 44, GPSS 41
My Pick:  PHS by 9
An all-Cambridge battle that might be able to go either way, given their regular season meeting result.  I think the Panthers will use homecourt to their advantage and pick up a big playoff win here.

(10) Galt at (7) Jacob Hespeler
Regular Season:  JHSS 50, GCI 44
My Pick:  JHSS by 8
Again, an all-Cambridge rivalry game that will likely bring out the best in both teams.  I'll go with the Hawks in another tight affair.

(9) KCI at (8) Eastwood
Regular Season:  ECI 48, KCI 25
My Pick:  ECI by 20
Despite the rankings, I think that the ECI Rebels (who played a tougher schedule during the year) should be able to handle KCI, especially at home.