Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, September 27, 2012

D10: Wednesday Result & Thursday Picks

YTD:  9-2 (.818)

Well, I can assure you that I likely won't have as good of a day as I did on Tuesday, when all 4 D10 picks were correct within a three-pointer.

Before I go to that, though, there's one result from Senior D10 on Wednesday, and it was no surprise as St. James handled Orangeville on the road by a 45-29 final.  Chelsey (13) and Brittany (12) Gazzola led the way for the Lions, while Claire Fenton had 13 and Rachel Fenton 6 for the Bears.

The junior result was 56-14 in favour of St. James, with Nastassja Herriot leading the way with 17.

Now, on to the picks!
 

Bishop Mac (3-0) at JF Ross (1-1)
My Pick:  BMAC by 11
The Celtics have gotten off to a great start and I'm not sure that the Royals will be able to slow them down, even at home.

Orangeville (0-4) at Centennial (0-3)
My Pick:  CCVI by 8
Given the Spartans' recent injury woes, the opportunity certainly exists here for ODSS to stop their massive D10 senior losing streak.  That said, I still think Centennial will pull this one out but it could get interesting.

St. James (3-1) at Centre Wellington (1-1)
My Pick:  STJ by 10
The Lions are the favourites but the Falcons have been playing teams (e.g., Lourdes - 2 point game at half) tough so I expect a fight out in Fergus today.

Lourdes (3-0) at Guelph CVI (1-2)
My Pick:  OLOL by 19
Should be a relatively high-scoring contest at GCVI today --- not to mention an intense affair; these two schools are natural rivals as they're separated distance-wise by less than a kilometre.