Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, September 27, 2012

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

YTD:  22-2 (.917)

Things have generally "gone to form" thus far in the WCSSAA schedule, which also partially accounts for my strong 22-2 picks record to date.  There's a couple of nice games on the schedule today, and I'll start with a dandy between two undefeated clubs (also my "game of the day"):

Cameron Hts. (3-0) at WODSS (3-0)
My Pick:  WODSS by 8
The Crusaders have been strong thus far in the season, although I think their string of consecutive wins by 30+ will stop here today.  That said, they should sneak out a win --- especially on their homecourt.

WCI (3-0) at Grand River (1-2)
My Pick:  WCI by 22
Two stout defensive clubs will tip off in this one, which is why I have the spread as it is.  We all know the Vikes' capabilities (19.0 PPG against) but despite a 1-2 record the Rens are only allowing 33.0 points against.  If only I could pick the "under"....

Huron Hts. (0-3) at Preston (0-3)
My Pick:  PHS by 24
After facing a very tough opening schedule --- WODSS, WCI and Bluevale (3 of the top 4 teams in the league), things get a little better for Preston today against winless Huron Hts.  They should pick up their first win by double-digits.

Eastwood (0-2) at Forest Hts. (3-0)
My Pick:  FHCI by 19
The FHCI Trojans have definitely been identified as a possible "darkhorse" with a strong start to their season.  Games next week (JHSS & WODSS) will tell us a lot more about this club, but I expect them to at least move to 4-0 here today.

Jacob Hespeler (2-1) at Elmira (0-3)
My Pick:  JHSS by 21
Look for the Hawks to exploit the undersized Lancers on the interior en route to a big road win today.

Galt (0-3) at Southwood (1-1)
My Pick:  SSS by 18
A rivalry game, so it could be closer than anticipated --- but the Sabres should manage to be ahead at the final buzzer.

SJAM (1-2) at Bluevale (3-0)
My Pick:  BCI by 26

Provided the Knights don't let the Highlanders hang around (like Preston did early), they should cruise to victory at home today.

Glenview Park (0-3) at KCI (3-0)
My Pick:  KCI by 19
The Raiders aren't necessarily going to be winning games by huge margins given their style of play, but they'll still score what amounts to a comfortable victory at home today.