Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, December 22, 2011

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

YTD:  27-10 (.730)

Christmas has come early to WCSSAA basketball fans.

This may be the most intriguing set of games so far in the WCSSAA schedule, so let's get started with one that I think could be very interesting:
(All are 3:30pm starts)

WCI (5-1) at Forest Heights (6-0)
My Pick:  FHCI by 5
This is a great game because the teams are (essentially) polar opposites.  Forest Heights' strength is its backcourt, while WCI has the size advantage with three starters going 6'6"+.  The difference in this one might come down to which squad can get production from its bench.  WCI might have that edge, but will it be enough to overcome FHCI at home?  I'll stick with the Trojans here.

Preston (5-1) at Jacob Hespeler (4-1)
My Pick:  JHSS by 8
Another great matchup that might get overlooked with the WCI-FHCI showdown, but this one should be just as competitive.  These squads are currently the top two teams in AAA, and the intra-Cambridge rivalry should only add fuel to the fire.  I'll take Jason Quiring and the Hawks to soar to victory at home.

SJAM (2-4) at Cameron Heights (3-3)
My Pick:  CHCI by 5
Two teams that have failed to meet expectations to this point in the season ---- but they are both coming off of key wins, CHCI over BCI and SJAM over WODSS on Tuesday.  I'll give the edge to the home Gaels in this one, although Vedran Dmitrovic has been battling a finger injury so we'll see how that affects things here.

WODSS (2-3) at Bluevale (3-2)
My Pick:  BCI by 4
The Knights will be without bench boss Doros Theodosiou for this one, but they should be able to hold off the Crusaders at home in another potential barn-burner.

Eastwood (1-5) at Grand River (5-1)
My Pick:  GRCI by 25
It's a rivalry game, so you know what can happen in these sorts of situations --- but I still think the Rens have too much firepower for ECI to handle here. 

Huron Heights (3-3) at Elmira (0-6)
My Pick:  HHHS by 27
After a 1-3 start, the Huskies will get themselves over the .500 mark today with a win at Elmira.  With a decent schedule after the break, I expect them to be competing for one of the three "AAA" CWOSSA berths.

KCI (2-4) at Galt (3-3)
My Pick:  Galt by 8
The Ghosts are an under the radar team that may be able to make some noise later on this season; for starters, I'll take them to win another one at home against KCI in a competitive matchup.

Glenview Park (1-4) at Southwood (1-5)
My Pick:  GPSS by 10
Provided they play to their capabilities this afternoon, the Panthers should get the win in West Galt.

No comments:

Post a Comment