Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, October 03, 2013

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

One game in particular that jumps out from today's listing of 3:30pm WCSSAA senior starts sees Jacob Hespeler (4-1) travelling to Waterloo to take on the undefeated Bluevale Knights (4-0).

These two squads appear to be among WCSSAA's top 4/5 schools, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a second meeting later in the year, either in the semifinals or finals, depending on how things play out.

As for today's game, I'll go with the homecourt Knights to pick up a single-digit win with homecourt being the difference.  Bluevale by 7.

Moving on to today's other games.....

Southwood (2-1) at WCI (4-1)
My Pick:  WCI by 23
We'll see if the Vikes can continue their lights-out shooting from the other evening here tonight against Southwood.  Regardless, I like them to win here.

Grand River (3-2) at Forest Hts. (2-3)
My Pick:  GRCI by 18
Big game for both these teams, particularly Grand River, who dropped to 8th in the WCSSAA standings after their loss on Tuesday.  Look for them to get the win here.

KCI (5-0) at Huron Hts. (2-3)
My Pick:  KCI by 23
The basketball version of today's "Kitchener Klash" should go to the Raiders, but I'll throw in a bonus pick and take the Huskies on the football field.

Galt (0-5) at WODSS (5-0)
My Pick:  WODSS by 38
The (tied for) first-place Crusaders shouldn't have much trouble dispatching the Ghosts at home today.

SJAM (1-4) at Elmira (1-4)
My Pick:  EDSS by 12
With losses to JHSS, Grand River, KCI and Bluevale, you can't fault the Lancers for their 1-4 record.  Look for them to get back in the win column here.

Eastwood (1-4) at Preston (0-4)
My Pick:  ECI by 5
Has a chance to go either way but I'll go with the visiting Rebels in this one.