Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WCSSAA Tuesday: Battle of Unbeatens at KCI

YTD:  54-8 (.871)

It's time for the KCI Raiders to prove me wrong.

Despite a 9-0 start to their WCSSAA season, I don't have them ranked in the top 10 CWOSSA Senior teams as of my most recent ranking.

Nothing against the Raiders (I'm a KCI grad myself), but I feel their schedule has been a bit soft to this point in the year, with their most impressive win coming against Cameron Heights.  WCI, Grand River, and Bluevale are not on their schedule at all this season.

Meanwhile, the Waterloo-Oxford Crusaders have an equally spotless 9-0 record and will come to Kitchener for a 5pm showdown today.  I think the Crusaders are the class of the league at this point, and I look for them to make it 10 straight in WCSSAA play today.

Pick:  Waterloo-Oxford by 21

And in other games on Tuesday:

Jacob Hespeler (7-2) at Southwood (4-4)
My Pick:  JHSS by 18
If they play to their capability, the Hawks should take this intra-Cambridge game comfortably on the road.

WCI (8-1) at Bluevale (8-1)
My Pick:  BCI by 8
I think it's time for the veteran Bluevale Knights to extract some revenge for their losses over the years to the WCI Vikings.  Knights by single digits at home today.

Eastwood (3-6) at Cameron Hts. (6-3)
My Pick:  CHCI by 26
The Gaels will pick up a much needed win today at home against Eastwood.

Galt (1-8) at Elmira (2-7)
My Pick:  EDSS by 14
Needing a win to stay in the playoff hunt, the Lancers should be able to get past the Galt Ghosts at home today.

Huron Hts. (3-6) at Forest Hts. (3-6)
My Pick:  HHSS by 7
Could go either way, but I'll go with the Huskies who are playing well as of late.

SJAM (2-7) at Grand River (6-3)
My Pick:  GRCI by 22
The Rens have a couple of winnable games before concluding their schedule against Jacob Hespeler.  As long as they don't overlook SJAM, they'll win here.