Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, October 10, 2013

WCSSAA Thursday: Picks

YTD:  41-6 (.872)

Back below the 90% mark after a couple incorrect selections the other day.  Hopefully that's not a trend that continues today, though there are a couple games on the schedule that should be pretty competitive.  Here's a look:

Jacob Hespeler (6-1) at WODSS (7-0)
My Pick:  WODSS by 8
Seems like the Hawks have let me down more than any other team this season (from a picks perspective).  They've accounted for half of my incorrect selections to date (L CHCI, W WCI & BCI).  As a result, the Crusaders probably don't like that I'm picking them but I have to go with them at home.

Elmira (2-5) at WCI (6-1)
My Pick:  WCI by 18
Both teams had hard-fought games decided by 4 points or less on Tuesday, so we'll see which squad has put that in the rear-view mirror and moved on to today's tilt.  Vikes are my pick here.

KCI (7-0) at Southwood (3-2)
My Pick:  KCI by 9
KCI might have the best schedule in WCSSAA, avoiding strong teams (JHSS & WODSS) until the latter part of the season.  I'll take them to extend their win streak here, but wouldn't be surprised to see an upset by the same token.

Forest Hts. (3-4) at Bluevale (5-1)
My Pick:  BCI by 28
The Knights, looking to get back into a "bye position" (top 4 in standings) should roll at home today.

Preston (0-6) at Huron Hts. (2-5)
My Pick:  HHHS by 12
The Huskies can give their playoff hopes a big boost here today with a win against Preston. 

Cameron Hts. (5-2) at Grand River (5-2)
My Pick:  CHCI by 6
I'm a little nervous about this one, given the strong play of late by Grand River's grade 10s, who are adjusting to senior basketball nicely (Tara DeBoer had 28 the other day).  That said, I'll stick with the Gaels here in what amounts to a huge game for both these teams.

Eastwood (2-5) at SJAM (1-6)
My Pick:  SJAM by 7
I'll go with the home team here in this toss-up.

Bye Win:  Galt