Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Tuesday D10 & WCSSAA Scores

Picks Record on the Day:
D10 Senior: 3-0 (16-3 overall)
WCSSAA Senior: 5-3 (11-5 overall)
WCSSAA Junior: 8-0 (13-3 overall)

D10 - Senior


Centennial 74, Lourdes 69
My Pick Was: CCVI
My Line: CCVI by 16

Sharieff Peru and Mike Finoro continued their high-scoring antics for the Crusaders, putting in 27 and 24 points respectively. However, the Spartans were able to withstand those outbursts and hold on for yet another close victory----improving to 5-0. Rob House led Centennial with 21.

JF Ross 74, Bishop Mac 49

My Pick Was: JF Ross
My Line: Ross by 22

No trouble for the Royals here at home. Ryan Cook led the Royals and all scorers with 23, while Niger Dyer had 13 for Bishop Mac in a losing effort.

Centre Wellington 55, GCVI 42
My Pick Was: CWDHS
My Line: CW by 19

The Falcons continue their great start, and improve to 4-1 in D10 play. The McNamara boys combined for 31 points (Gavin 19/Justin 12), while James Ingram was the lone Gael in double figures with 10 points.

St. James 59, Orangeville 36
My Pick Was: St. James
My Line: STJ by 29

D10 - Junior

Bishop Mac 70, JF Ross 57
Bishop Mac continues to look down on the rest of the teams in D10 as they take this rematch of last year's D10 championship game. Michael Cloutier led BMac with 17, while Jesse Kendall added 16. The Celtics did a great job of containing Ross star Michael Friesen, holding him to 14 points.

Centre Wellington 55, GCVI 48
Trevor Hisler put up 13 points for the Falcons as Centre Wellington takes this battle of 1-3 teams.

Lourdes 60, Centennial 48
Ed Gray continued his strong start for CCVI, scoring 21 points, but the Crusaders' balanced attack proved to be too much for the Spartans on this night. Terrick Peru (13) and Anthony Joaquim (11) were the high scorers for Lourdes.

St. James 43, Orangeville 35

WCSSAA - Senior

Forest Heights 70, Grand River 50
My Pick: GRCI
My Line: GRCI by 8

No problem for the Trojans as they cruise past Grand River and avoid what could have been an 0-2 start----as well as make my Grand River pick look silly in the process. Gage Paquette led FHCI with 14, while Taylor McNaughton had 13. Osama Qahwash put in 19 for GRCI.

Jacob Hespeler 45, Huron Hts 43
My Pick: JHSS
My Line: JHSS by 10

In a nailbiter, the Hawks pick up their first win. Connor Paddock had a nice game for JHSS with 14 points, while Aaron Turpin had 14 as well for Huron.

Galt CI 53, Glenview Park 37
My Pick: Galt
My Line: GCI by 13

Leon Vilayseng (18) and Nic Bradford (15) ensured that the Ghosts would win this all-Cambridge duel. Looks like it's going to be a long year for the Panthers offensively.

Bluevale 58, Cameron Heights 46
My Pick: Bluevale
My Line: Bluevale by 7

The Gaels were able to hold Stefan Cvrkalj to just 15 points, but the Knights got 18 from Karsten Beney and were able to come away with the win. Stefan Arezina scored 21 for Cameron.

Elmira 48, Preston 43
My Pick: Preston
My Line: PHS by 10

Elmira comes through at home with a win and both teams even their record on the year. Scott Albrecht led Elmira with 16, while Abe Upshaw (13) and Jeff Robinson (12) were tops for PHS.

KCI 61, Southwood 46
My Pick: SSS (upset special)
My Line: SSS by 4

Arben Kalaba was held in check by the Sabres (as well as encountered some foul trouble), but Tristan Ruddock (25) and Darnell Simpson (21) scored 46 of KCI's 61 on the night, as the Raiders get the big W on the road. Brian Doran led the Sabres with 13.

Waterloo 49, Eastwood 30
My Pick: WCI
My Line: WCI by 27

In this defensive struggle, WCI's Alex Copp was the lone player on either club in double figures (11 points). WCI improves to 2-0 on the year, while ECI drops to 0-2.


WCSSAA - Junior

Forest Heights 82, Grand River 58
My Pick: FHCI

The Trojans seem to have shaken off that loss to WCI, as they defeat the Rens by 24. Javon Masters had 28 big points for FHCI, while Filip Cvrkalj had 29 for Grand River---but no other Renegade had more than 8.

Cameron Hts. 50, Bluevale 38
My Pick: CHCI

Nem Simic and Vedran Dmitrovic combined for 30 points as the Gaels top Bluevale. Cassidy Pomeroy led BCI with 10 points.

SJAM 57, Waterloo-Oxford 36
My Pick: SJAM

The Highlanders cruise to 2-0 at the expense of the Crusaders.

Glenview Park 71, Galt 38
My Pick: GPSS

Maybe the Panthers might be a force to contend with this year? Time will tell, but they're 2-0 this year thanks to Andrew Squires' 21 points. Jake White had 10 for GCI.

KCI 40, Southwood 22
My Pick: KCI

And the Raiders are also 2-0 with victories over Southwood and Galt. Amanj Aras-Saber almost outscored the Sabres by himself, as he put in 20 points.

Preston 55, Elmira 39
My Pick: PHS

The Panthers beat EDSS thanks to 20 from W. Marteens. Aaron Nafziger had 14 for Elmira.

Waterloo CI 47, Eastwood 33
My Pick: WCI

Adam Anagnostopoulos had more points than letters in his name, scoring 21 for the Vikes. Mohamed Kromah had 8 for ECI, who fall to 0-2.

Huron Hts 74, Jacob Hespeler 54
My Pick: HHHS

Sean Samuel added to his 20+ club performances by scoring 20 on the button against the Hawks. Lucas Marsden (14) and Josh Kirkham (12) led Jacob Hespeler.


1 comment:

  1. The results for ODSS and St James were mis-reported on Scorestop. The game results for junior and senior were switched. St James senior boys won by 12 and the juniors by 23.

    ReplyDelete