Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

WCSSAA Scores - Tuesday, December 15

Southwood 53, Forest Heights 49
My Pick: Forest Hts
My Line Was: FHCI by 7

In my earlier picks column, I said I wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres won this one.......and they did. The Trojans now drop to 1-2, and have KCI & SJAM up first right after the break. Yikes.

Taylor McNaughton poured in 23 for the Trojans in a losing effort, while Brian Doran (16) and Mark Stotesbury (11) led Southwood.

Waterloo 63, Huron Heights 40
My Pick: WCI
My Line Was: WCI by 18
WCI - Alex Copp 14, Scott Coghlin 10, Hamdy Shafi 10
HHSS - Shayan Butt 14, Ron Bougram 8

The Vikes head into Thursday's showdown with GRCI as one of three 3-0 clubs. Their balanced attack saw three players in double figures --- Alex Copp (14), Scott Coghlin (10), and Hamdy Shafi (10).

Shayan Butt again led the Huskies, but the Vikes held him to 14. Ron Bougram added 8 for HHHS.

Cameron Heights 57, Galt 41
My Pick: CHCI
My Line Was: CHCI by 14

Stefan Arezina poured in 27 as the Gaels get their first win on the year. Nic Bradford led GCI with 13.

Eastwood 64, Jacob Hespeler 42
My Pick: Eastwood
My Line Was: ECI by 5

ECI - Zaman Sindy 15, Gondor Teny 13
JHSS - Joel Perkins 8, Nick Vokey 6

Like Cameron, the Rebels also pick up their first win of the year at the expense of the Hespeler Hawks --- further muddling the standings.

Zaman Sindy led ECI with 15, while Joel Perkins was tops for the Hawks with 8.

Waterloo-Oxford 56, Elmira 53
My Pick: EDSS
My Line: EDSS by 4

Toss-up game goes to Waterloo-Oxford. Nice win for guys like Patrick Connors (15 points) who pick up their first league win in the senior ranks.

Scott Albrecht led Elmira with 18, while Eric Alderice added 10 for the Lancers.

Grand River 63, Preston 60
My Pick: Grand River
My Line: GRCI by 9

Thought this might be a close one down in Cambridge and it was. Jeff Robinson clearly had his way inside as he pumped in 26 points for Preston.

Brodi Verbiski led the victors with 16 of his own.

Bluevale 63, Glenview Park 36
My Pick: Bluevale
My Line: BCI by 38

No trouble for the Knights as they cruise past GPSS down in Cambridge. Karsten Beney hits the 20+ club with 20 on the button for Bluevale. Stefan Cvrkalj added 15 (I'm sure in limited minutes). Mark Saris (11) and Drew Campbell (9) were tops for the Panthers.

SJAM 61, KCI 46
My Line: SJAM by 7

Ben Reyhani's three-point barrage propelled him to a 23-point outing. Jake Robinet chipped in 14 for the Highlanders.

For KCI, Arben Kalaba netted 16 while Darnell Simpson had 15 points.





WCSSAA Junior Results


Cameron Heights 60, Galt CI 30
Cameron: Jason Thompson 19, Nem Simic 13
GCI: Jack Simmons 7

Huron Heights 64, WCI 56
Huron Hts: Sean Samuel 26, Eric Spinache 12
WCI: Adam Anagnostopolous 16

....well, looks like we'll have a new #1 in the junior poll. Thankfully, current #3 Bishop Mac and #2 Forest Heights just so happen to have an exhibition game scheduled for tomorrow, 5pm at Bishop Mac!

Though I picked WCI, big congrats to the Huskies on the win. Looks like Sean Samuel (26) again had a big day for Huron.

Waterloo-Oxford 40, Elmira 25
WODSS: Dylan Carroll 8
EDSS: Walter Stewart 10

Bluevale 46, Glenview Park 45
BCI: George Stankovic 10/Grevon Marston 10
GPSS: Andrew Squires 19, Erist Wame 16

Eastwood 42, Jacob Hespeler 37 (OT)
ECI: Mirza Zahic 13, Djordje Govedarica 8
JHSS: Jason Quiring 11, Lucas Marsden 10

Forest Heights 71, Southwood 32
FHCI: Ian Anderson 17, Javon Masters 14
SSS: Cash Seraphim 8

Grand River 64, Preston 50
GRCI: Filip Cvrkalj 23
PHS: Wes Meertens 21

....I'll have more tomorrow, with (of course) a standings update.

1 comment:

  1. swiss2:17 AM

    BCI - Karsten Beney 20, Stefan Cvrkalj 15

    Karsten Beney had 20 not Andrew Beney.

    ReplyDelete