Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Friday, December 18, 2009

WCSSAA Thursday Results

Junior Boys Basketball

Jacob Hespeler 68, Elmira 17

My Pick: JHSS

No trouble for the Hawks here. Jason Quiring led with 12, while Josh Kirkham chipped in 9 points. Walker Stewart had 8 for Elmira.

Cameron Heights 62, Waterloo-Oxford 28
My Pick: CHCI

Don't look now but the Gaels have reeled off three straight junior wins. CHCI's Vedran Dmitrovic (16) and Jason Thompson (12) equalled the 28 points put up by the entire WODSS team.

Glenview Park 62, KCI 42
My Pick: GPSS

After a bit of a stumble against Bluevale, the Panthers are back on track. Andrew Squires pumped in 24 points, while Erist Wame also hit double figures for Glenview with 10.

KCI's leading scorer Amanj Aras-Saber had 15 points for the Raiders.


Huron Heights 67, Preston 29

My Pick: HHHS

Don't look now but the Huskies are sitting atop the standings at 4-0. Sam Hernandez (18) and Sean Samuel (17) led the way today for Huron, while Wes Meertens had another strong game for PHS with 19 points.

Forest Heights 64, Eastwood 37

My Pick: FHCI

The Trojans improve to 3-1 with a solid win at home. Vishal Sandhi scored 15, while Javon Masters had 14 (I'm sure in limited minutes). For ECI, Alan Sanchez led the way with 7.

Waterloo CI 53, Grand River 51

My Pick: GRCI

My lone junior pick wrong on the day, as the Vikes take a squeaker and drop the Renegades to .500 on the year. The Vikes' balanced attack had three players in double figures ---- Jacob Ranton (13), Zach Totzke (10) and Malcolm Piazza (10). For GRCI, Filip Cvrkalj had 20, while Chuder Teny chipped in 7 points.

SJAM 60, Bluevale 47

My pick: SJAM

No Connor? No Theshawn? No problem --- the Highlanders (along with HHHS) are at 4-0 as well after their win at Bluevale.



Senior Boys Basketball

Forest Hts 70, Eastwood 53

My Pick: FHCI
My Line: FHCI by 12

Trojans get back on the winning track, thanks in part to Taylor McNaughton's 19 points. Steffon Heyliger led all scorers with 21 for Eastwood.

Bluevale 51, SJAM 49

My Pick: SJAM
My Line: SJAM by 5

The Knights almost let it slip away but get it done at home. Stefan Cvrkalj had 19 for Bluevale, while Kwame Botchway's distance shooting was key in helping SJAM stick around. He finished with 14 for the Highlanders.

Cameron Heights 42, WODSS 25
My Pick: CHCI
My Line: CHCI by 19

Looks like the bench got plenty of work in this one for Cameron, as the league's leading scorer (Stefan Arezina) was not among the leading scorers. Zach Sinclair (10) and rookie Stefan Cucak (8) were the top Cameron performers on Thursday.

Preston 67, Huron Heights 44

My Pick: PHS
My Line: PHS by 7

The Panthers get another victory to even up their record on the year. Jeff Robinson again hits the 20 point mark for Preston, while Ron Bougram led Huron with 14 points.

Jacob Hespeler 58, Elmira 38
My Pick: JHSS
My Line: JHSS by 8

Three JHSS players combined for 44 of their 58 points --- Joel Perkins (16), Jeremy Perkins (14), and Brendan VanDykan (14).

Brandon Seip was the lone Lancer in double digits with 10.

KCI 75, Glenview 35
My Pick: KCI
My Line: KCI by 27

No trouble for the Raiders as they cruise past Glenview Park. Arben Kalaba had 15 points while Tristan Ruddock chipped in 10 more for the Raiders.

For the winless Panthers, Cory Prince led the way with 10.

Southwood 43, Galt 18
My Pick: SSS
My Line: SSS by 15

No trouble for the Sabres here, as they use a solid defensive effort to take down the Ghosts, who are having trouble putting up some points (24 against KCI, 18 here).

Greg Marjerrison had 10 for SSS, while Mark Stotesbury added 7. For Galt, Tyler Audet (6) and Nic Bradford (5) led the way.

WCI 63, Grand River 50


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:05 AM

    forgetting wci over grci (sr)

    ReplyDelete