Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, October 04, 2012

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

YTD WCSSAA Record:  37-3 (.925)

For my "game of the day", I'm going to go to Cambridge for an intra-city battle between Southwood (2-2) and Jacob Hespeler (4-1).  The game goes at 3:30pm at JHSS.

Both squads, along with KCI (4-1), appear to be in the running for the two CWOSSA "AAA" berths at this point in time, and this game could certainly go a long way to influencing that result.

I'll stick with the hot hands of the JHSS Hawks in this one, but Southwood could certainly make it interesting.  Jacob Hespeler by 9.

As for the rest of today's action:

Preston (1-4) at Glenview Park (0-5)
My Pick:  PHS by 15
I'll avoid my usual "the Panthers will win" comment (oops) and say that this is an important game in the playoff race.  Look for both Ashley White (PHS) and Jocelyn Kivell (GPSS) to put up some big numbers but for the Preston Panthers to be ahead at the end.

WODSS (5-0) at Forest Heights (4-1)
My Pick:  WODSS by 22

The depth and balanced attack of the WODSS Crusaders will be too much for Forest Heights to handle today, even at home.

SJAM (2-3) at WCI (5-0)
My Pick:  WCI by 31

The Vikes will roll to another league win in this all-Waterloo battle.

Bluevale (5-0) at Grand River (2-3)
My Pick:  BCI by 22

The Knights could get a challenge from GRCI here, but I look for them to keep pace with the other undefeateds (WCI & WODSS) by beating the Rens.

KCI (4-1) at Huron Heights (0-5)
My Pick:  KCI by 22
The defensive-minded KCI Raiders should improve to 5-1 today at the expense of Huron Heights.

Cameron Heights (4-1) at Eastwood (0-4)
My Pick:  CHCI by 15
Girls or boys, this rivalry is always a lot closer than the talent level on the two teams.  I think that trend continues today, but CHCI should still come out on top.

Elmira (1-4) at Galt (0-5)
My Pick:  EDSS by 14
Look for the Lancers to make it two straight today down in Cambridge.