Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

WCSSAA: Tuesday Picks

YTD:  80-8 (.909)

It wasn't the greatest of days for me last Thursday, as a mediocre 5-3 picks record nearly dropped me below the 90% mark on the season.  I now have my work cut out for me to try to maintain that 90% mark, as I can afford only one incorrect selection today.  Here goes:

WCI (11-0) at Eastwood (1-10)
My Pick:  WCI by 35
A rematch of last year's WCSSAA championship game, but things have certainly changed (at least for the Rebels) since that point.  Also is one game that won't have any bearing on the playoff picture, as the Vikes have already locked up 1st spot while the Rebs have been eliminated.

Preston (4-7) at Southwood (8-3)
My Pick:  SSS by 12
I certainly think the Panthers are better than their 3-8 record, and with Ashley White on their roster, they are a team that most squads would like to avoid in the first round of the playoffs.  Possible playoff preview here, but SSS can do their best to avoid playing PHS again with a win here today.

Waterloo-Oxford (10-2) at SJAM (3-8)
My Pick:  WODSS by 15
The Crusaders will have a depleted front-line for this one, as I hear that Alisha Glendinning, Kyla Burrough and Hope Eagleson will all be out due to injuries sustained in a weekend tournament.  Of course, with Maddy Horst and Becca Payne on the floor, I think that the Crusaders will still pull out a win here.

Huron Heights (1-10) at Galt (2-9)
My Pick:  Galt by 6
Look for the Galt Ghosts to close their season with a win although (see next post) it likely won't be enough to get them into the playoffs.

Glenview Park (0-11) at Jacob Hespeler (10-1)
My Pick:  JHSS by 25
I have a feeling the Jacob Hespeler Hawks will want to secure the win early, and then rest their key players in advance of the playoffs.  Look for JHSS to lock up the #2 seed with a big win here.

KCI (6-5) at Elmira (6-5)
My Pick:  EDSS by 9
The Lancers have been playing great lately, so I'll give them the edge here in what is a key game on Tuesday.  Winner takes the #7 seed in the WCSSAA playoffs, while the loser will still likely finish 8th.

Forest Heights (5-6) at Grand River (5-6)
My Pick:  GRCI by 8
I'll go with the Rens to pick up the home win and finish with a .500 league record, provided they can contain Blair McNaughton today.

Cameron Hts. (8-3) at Bluevale (9-2)
My Pick:  BCI by 8
Game of the day for sure, with the winner getting a first-round bye.  I'll go with the Knights, especially at home, but it'll be interesting to see if the Gaels come back with a renewed focus after blowing a late lead at home to Elmira.