Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WCSSAA Tuesday: Battle of Unbeatens sees WCI travel to W-O

YTD:  68-4 (.944)

We'll start things off with the "game of the day", which is undoubtedly the "battle of the unbeatens" in Baden as the WCI Vikings (9-0) travel to play the Waterloo-Oxford Crusaders (9-0).  Tip time is scheduled for 5pm.

The Crusaders, who feature a grade-11 based starting lineup, are the new kids on the WCSSAA block this season, and have made a seamless transition from junior.  Guard Maddy Horst has been particularly impressive and is WCSSAA's leading scorer (20.4 PPG), while backcourt teammate Becca Payne provides timely shooting and defense to give W-O one of the better guard tandems in CWOSSA.

Meanwhile, the WCI Vikings feature depth and experience, keyed by forward Alex Klein and guards Lindsay Taylor and Julia Pavlik.  That trio have participated in several OFSAA championships, as well as competitive tournaments throughout the province --- nothing in this game is going to faze them.  

The Vikes have won their nine WCSSAA games by an average margin of over 33 PPG, with their 50-25 win over Forest Heights last week actually being their "closest" game to date.  

As for my prediction in this one?  I think the Crusaders will get off to a strong start at home, but I look for that aforementioned experience of the Vikes to come through in the second half.  They are my #1 team in CWOSSA for a reason, after all.

Mark's Pick:  WCI by 16

Now, the rest of Tuesday's action:

SJAM (2-7) at Eastwood (0-9)
My Pick:  SJAM by 6
A win in this game by SJAM would virtually lock up the final playoff spot in the WCSSAA standings, unless Huron Heights can knock off either JHSS or WCI today or Thursday.  I'll file that under the "unlikely" category at best.  Meanwhile, ECI plays well at home so expect a tight affair here.

Southwood (6-3) at KCI (6-3)
My Pick:  SSS by 14
Big "AAA" game here and two teams with deceptive records.  Personally, I think the Sabres are better than their 6-3 mark while I don't quite think the Raiders are a "6-3" team.  Maybe it's just me, but I'll go with Southwood by double-digits here.

Galt (0-9) at Glenview Park (0-9)
My Pick:  GCI by 5
One team will pick up their first win of the year here; Galt came close last week and I'll give them the slight edge here.

Elmira (4-5) at Preston (3-6)
My Pick:  EDSS by 4
Another "all AAA" affair, like the two picks above.  I'll take Elmira to even out their record, provided they can somewhat contain Ashley White here.

Grand River (4-5) at Cameron Heights (7-2)
My Pick:  CHCI by 18
The Rens will have to keep this in the 40s to have a shot; Cameron Heights is 6-0 when scoring 53+ points.  GRCI has played to the level of their opponents the last couple games, so it'll be interesting to see what happens here.

Jacob Hespeler (8-1) at Huron Heights (1-8)
My Pick:  JHSS by 32
The Hawks can lock up a first-round bye by winning two of their final three games, which also see them play WODSS (Thursday) or GPSS (next week).  I think they'll get one of those wins today.

Bluevale (7-2) at Forest Heights (5-4)
My Pick:  BCI by 18
The Knights are too deep for the FHCI Trojans here --- Bluevale to win.