Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

WCSSAA: Tuesday Picks

YTD WCSSAA Record:  30-2 (.938)

There will be one less "undefeated" team in the WCSSAA league after today, as WCI plays cross-town rival KCI; both teams enter that tilt at 4-0.  Also, one more team will join the win column with a game between Eastwood (0-3) and Elmira (0-4).

A couple other games that look solid on paper, so let's get to it:

Forest Heights (4-0) at Jacob Hespeler (3-1)
**Game of the Day**
My Pick:  JHSS by 12

Should be the "best game" on the schedule today; JHSS should win at home provided that they can find a way to contain FHCI's top scorer, Blair McNaughton.

Eastwood (0-3) at Elmira (0-4)
My Pick:  EDSS by 9
These teams are both better than their records would indicate; edge goes to the homecourt Lancers.

Waterloo-Oxford (4-0) at Southwood (2-1)
My Pick:  WODSS by 17

The Southwood Sabres are good.  The WODSS Crusaders are VERY good.  

WCI (4-0) at KCI (4-0)
My Pick:  WCI by 27

KCI has had a soft schedule to this point, with the teams that they have played in their four games combining for just 2 wins.  WCI should continue to roll with a win here.

Bluevale (4-0) at Huron Hts. (0-4)
My Pick:  BCI by 33
The Knights slipped up on the weekend, but I look for them to continue their strong play in the WCSSAA league with a "W" in this one.

Glenview Park (0-4) at Grand River (1-3)
My Pick:  GRCI by 19
The Rens need this win badly, as they go back to playing some more "upper tier" teams starting on Thursday with Bluevale.  I think Coach Reynolds will have them ready to go and they'll move to 2-3.

Cameron Hts. (3-1) at Galt (0-4)
My Pick:  CHCI by 31
Cameron Heights should cruise to a 4th win in 5 games at the expense of the Galt Ghosts.

Preston (1-3) at SJAM (1-3)
My Pick:  PHS by 5
Toss-up here that could affect my overall record, but I'll go with Ashley White and the Panthers on the road today.