Welcome!

Welcome to CWOSSABasketball.com, Central-Western Ontario's #1 source for High School Hoops news! Any questions, comments, information or media and advertising requests can be sent to markyolkowski@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Tri-City Junior Phenom Camp (Co-Ed, Grade 4-10) - Summer, 2019!

Click the Link for Info & Registration Details!

CWOSSABasketball.com Archives Search

Thursday, October 11, 2012

WCSSAA: Thursday Picks

YTD Picks Record:  45-3 (.938)

A couple of games today that should challenge my ability to maintain my YTD picks percentage, so let's take a look at what's in store, starting with my "Game of the Day":

Bluevale (6-0) at WCI (6-0)
My Pick:  WCI by 15
Always a hard-fought affair in any "Battle of Waterloo" game (I guess they call it the "Spirit of Waterloo" these days, but still...).  That said, the Vikes have yet to be tested in league play and their depth should be able to wear down the Knights today.

Southwood (3-3) at Elmira (2-4)
My Pick:  SSS by 8
Huge games for two teams looking to catch KCI & JHSS for a CWOSSA "AAA" berth.  Edge to the Southwood Sabres, who should be able to have their way with Elmira on the interior today.

Jacob Hespeler (5-1) at Galt (0-6)
My Pick:  JHSS by 29
The Hawks shouldn't have much trouble as they get their weekend tour of Cambridge (tournament at SSS is next up) started with a win.

Eastwood (0-6) at WODSS (6-0)
My Pick:  WODSS by 36
The Crusaders have a tough stretch coming up starting next Thursday, with consecutive games against BCI, WCI and JHSS.  For now, they'll move to 7-0 with a win here today.

KCI (5-1) at Preston (2-4)
My Pick:  KCI by 6
Interesting game here, as I think the Panthers are better than their 2-4 record.  Should be close at PHS, but I look for the Raiders to prevail.

Grand River (2-4) at SJAM (2-4)
My Pick:  GRCI by 4
Toss-up game here, and I'll go with the Rens in a squeaker.

Glenview Park (0-6) at Huron Heights (0-6)
My Pick:  HHHS by 5
One team will pick up their first win here today; I'll go with the home Huskies to accomplish that, provided they can contain Jocelyn Kivell.

Forest Heights (4-2) at Cameron Heights (5-1)
My Pick:  CHCI by 19
The Gaels should roll to their 6th win in 7 tries here at home against the Trojans.